12 December 2017
Complying with the Client Assets Sourcebook's Custody Asset Rules and Shortfall Funding Requirements
A Practical and Interactive Workshop - Led by a CF10a
The Client Assets (CASS) rules continue to provide significant and increasing challenges to firms. One of these challenges is the degree to which compliance with the rules is subject to increasing independent scrutiny, not just by the FCA, but also through the external annual CASS audit requirement. Another challenge is the range of interpretation of the rules themselves.
This full day workshop will focus on the key requirements of the CASS 6 (Custody Assets) rules, how the rules impact your business and provide guidance on implementing effective and cost efficient compliance approaches.
Attending this workshop will increase your knowledge in:
- Global custody models and asset registration
- Scope of CASS 6 and available exemptions
- Mapping the rule book to operational practice
- Custody asset reconciliations, including ISEM
- Good practice shortfall funding approaches
Who Should Attend?
- People holding the client money oversight function, CF10a and SMF18
- Senior operations management
- Compliance, risk and internal audit specialists
- Operations personnel
- Improve your understanding of the Custody rules
- Understand the impact of the rules on your business and any available exemptions
- Improve the effectiveness of custody reconciliations
- Develop practical approaches to custody shortfall funding
Meet Your Workshop Leader!
With over 20 years experience in senior roles with Big 4 and other significant accountancy and advisory firms, Kevin Huby is a widely respected figure in the world of Client Assets regulation drawing upon operational insight from many major engagements at banks, brokers, asset managers and third party administrators.
Since January 2015, Kevin has led his own consultancy firm, Prin10 Limited. He is the CASS operational oversight function holder for Hoare & Co, RBS Asset Management (ACD) Limited and key advisor to a number of other firms. Kevin also helped design, and provides the expert content for, the ground breaking Axiom for CASS software platform.
Very informative and provides good knowledge to take back to the business.
Capita Asset Services
Thought provoking session!
Lloyds Banking Group
A great course and thoroughly recommend to anyone overseeing or managing CASS processes.