Key Highlights Include:
Ziva Robertson, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery
Ziva Robertson, a solicitor-advocate, advises clients on dispute resolution issues, including complex trust disputes, contested estates and commercial disputes containing fiduciary elements. She counsels individuals and companies on the conduct and the avoidance of disputes and has extensive experience in cross-jurisdictional and international litigation.
Trustees in Litigation 1: The Impact on Confidentiality
- Statutory limits on disclosure to beneficiaries – does the Bahamian model work?
- Pre-action disclosure in the UK and abroad
- Letters of Request
- Gilead Cooper QC, Barrister, Wilberforce Chambers
- Richard Wilson QC, Barrister, Serle Court
Beneficial Ownership Registers, Trust Registers and Registers of Persons with Significant Control
- Channel Islands update: ahead of the curve?
- France update: Public Registers – unconstitutional?
- UK update: the PSC register – are you ready?
- What does it all mean?
- Filippo Noseda, Solictor, London
3 Key Themes Covered in just 1 day:
Information Exchange, Privacy & Data Protection:
- Information Exchange: CRS Update
- Beneficial Ownership Registers, Trust Registers and Registers of Persons with Significant Control: what do they all mean?
- Breaking Down Information Barriers: The Court of Appeal’s decision in Dawson-Damer v Taylor Wessing
Trustee Dilemmas & Disputes:
- Trustees in Litigation 1: The Impact on Confidentiality
- Trustees in Litigation 2: Trusts & Divorce
- Case Study: Trustee Dilemmas – Does Money Cause Happiness?
Alternative Approaches to Litigation:
- Arbitration of Trust Disputes: Pros and Cons