Filippo Noseda, Partner, Withers
The Practical Implications of CRS
This concise one day event will drill down into the practical consequences of CRS implementation.
The Practical Issues Arising from OECD Guidance
Issues arising when you set CRS in the context of the wider fight against evasion and avoidance, including:
- Ucoming new corporate offence of failing to prevent the facilitation of tax evasion
- Penalties for enabling offshore non-compliance
- Penalties for enabling avoidance
- The ‘statutory requirement to correct’ offshore issues
HMRC’s adventures in the offshore world
This session will outline the new compliance world for offshore tax matters, linked to CRS, the cost of undeclared offshore matters and the future.
What is the US’s Position Under CRS
- Will it join?
- Should other countries nonetheless treat the U.S. as a "Participating Jurisdiction" and what are the practical consequences if they do (there are some very real practical consequences here)
- Is the U.S. a good place to "hide" from CRS?
- What does the U.S. report under a FATCA reciprocal IGA?
- What doesn't the U.S. report and how easy is it to avoid what they otherwise would report?
VISIT THE PRIVATE CLIENT HUB FOR EXPERT INSIGHT AND ANALYSIS
The freshest commentary, opinions and viewpoints from industry experts under one knowledge hub
Sponsor The Hub Or Our Event Content Marketing
Sponsoring The Hub or a conference is a fantastic way of raising your company’s profile within the market and creating greater awareness of your brand.
Take a look at some of our packages on the The Hub or contact Madeleine Corr on +44 (0)20 7017 5150 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.