6th July 2017
Understanding the Practical Unintended Consequences of Global Tax Transparency
This event will bring together the leading minds in the industry to discuss the unintended consequences of the constant global drive towards total transparency. It will enable attendees to answer the key questions posed by their clients on an increasingly regular basis
Designed to allow you to answer your clients key questions
What should you be doing now, and when the information starts flowing?
- Understanding the Brexit impact
- Bilateral as opposed to unilateral
- Are we on the road to a globally coordinated tax system?
- Beneficial ownership: the connecting factor
Where does this leave the Privacy vs Transparency debate?
- Dawson-Damer vs Taylor Wessing
- Scope of data protection rules
- Trusts and privacy battlefront
- Exchange of information and
- The protection of human rights and privacy laws
Direct impact on clients and you, the advisors
- Practical impact on tax investigations
- Corporate criminal offence of enabling tax evasion
- Notification of offshore structures - what does it mean for your clients?
- Powers of enquiry
- Enhanced penalties