What Do Investors Want to See When Investing in Startup & Emerging Managers
- Defining ‘emerging managers’? Is it by AUM or track record
- Where do emerging managers fit within the overall portfolio allocation
- separate bucket or integrated within the different asset classes
- Why emerging managers are attractive in the current investment environment
- Are allocations to emerging managers increasing or decreasing
- What is the best medium for managers to reach out to potential investors
- What qualities do investors look for in emerging managers?
- prior track record
- number of years of investment experience
- certain amount of AUM
- Are there any flags that would preclude a manager from being considered for inclusion?
- Is the due diligence process that used for an emerging manager different in any way than that for other managers?
- Are the requirements to invest in an emerging manager (i.e., in terms of transparency, managed account) different than those for other managers?
Cara Fleckenstein -
Ari Glass -
Dimitri Sogoloff -
Matthew Glasofer -
Partner, Director of Research,
Corbin Capital Partners