3 key themes
Brexit, Information Exchange and the Changing Political Landscape:
- GDPR and its Interaction with Trustees’ Duties of Confidentiality
- England, Isle of Man & Channel Islands: Where Does the Future Lie for Trust Companies?
- Brexit & Ireland: What to Expect?
Recent Tax and Trusts Updates:
- Part One Review of Recent International Trust Cases: Crociani & Pugachev
- Part Two Review of Recent International Trust Cases
- Consequences of the New Deemed Domicile Rules Form 2017 in Complex Structures
Structuring for Clients in the New World Order - The Direct Impact on Your Clients:
- Forensic Accounting
- Criminalisation of Offshore Tax Planning
Key Highlights Include:
Nicholas Holland, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery
Nicholas (Nick) Holland focuses his practice on contentious trusts and estates. He acts for trustees, protectors and beneficiaries, primarily in disputes involving offshore trusts. He has played a key role in litigation in the Cayman Islands, Jersey, Guernsey, the Isle of Man, British Virgin Islands, Singapore, Switzerland, Canada and the United States.
Key Sessions Include
Brexit & Ireland
The session will provide a comprehensive coverage and understanding of the legal and tax issues for private clients relocating to Ireland.
From practical immigration points on relocation to long term inheritance tax and succession law issues, the session will provide you with a thorough understanding of the implications of Brexit and whether Ireland is becoming increasingly more popular.
Consequences of the New Deemed Domicile Rules
Hear from the master himself on the consequences of the new deemed domcile rules.
- Giles Clark, Founding Author, Clarke’s Offshore Tax Planning and general editor of Spitz and Clarke: Offshore Service