IHT Planning for Non-Doms with Landed Estates
Are you ready for the dramatic Non-Dom reforms coming into play on the 5 April 2017?
Do you know how the changes will impact your clients with landed estates?
It was announced in the Summer Budget 2015 that, from April 6 2017, inheritance tax (IHT) would be extended to offshore structures holding UK residential property that to date have escaped IHT entirely. Ensure you are up to date on what this means for your clients.
Key Highlights Include:
- HMRC: The Operational Side of the HNW Unit
- IHT Planning for Non-Doms with Landed Estates
- SDLT and Mixed Use
- New Rules on Tax Deductibility of Loan Interest in Relation to Residential Property
- IHT Planning for Agricultural Property Relief
- VAT and the Option to Tax
- Estate Manager Forum
New Rules on Loan Interest in Relation to Residential Property
This session will cover the new rules relating to the tax deductibility of loan interest in relation to residential property. It will also provide coverage over:
- How the rules operate for individuals, trustees and beneficiaries
- What is ‘just and reasonable’ and methods of apportionment
‘Excellent technical content and discussion of wider communal issues facing estate owners’
James Cowper Kreston
‘A very good overview of a very diverse subject with speakers well-rehearsed and helpfully informative’
'Very informative with good content '
The Private Client Hub
VISIT THE PRIVATE CLIENT HUB FOR EXPERT INSIGHT AND ANALYSIS
The freshest commentary, opinions and viewpoints from industry experts under one knowledge hub