23 October 2019
The Impact of LIBOR Transition on Technical Accounting
Navigating the Transition to New Reference Rates from an Accounting Perspective
Leaders in Treasury and Accounting Explore the Impact of LIBOR Transition on Hedge Accounting, Debt and Asset Modification and Valuations
Plan for Success in a Dynamic Benchmarks Environment
Part of our popular Benchmark Rates Series, this event will address technical accounting issues related to the transition to new reference rates. With the IASB due to publish their phase 1 draft exposure and regulators encouraging the early adoption of new standards, the conference represents an excellent opportunity for treasury and accounting professionals to get up to speed with the latest trends in benchmark reforms.
Get up to Speed with the Latest Developments from the IASB
- Discuss the practical & accounting implications of the phase 1 exposure draft from the IASB.
- Examine how to deal with changes to IFRS.
- Explore losing hedge accounting issues.
Explore Operational Accounting Issues
- Asses what adaptions will be made for new curves.
- How will the transition impact accruals?
- Will contracts be modified or reorganised?
Discuss the Transition from an Organisational and Policy Standpoint
- Learn best practice in communicating with a variety of stakeholders.
- Consider whether your firm is systems-ready for new reference rates.
- Examine the implications of new term rates.