22 June 2017
Crowne Plaza London - The City,
THE NEW REGIME FOR NON-DOMS AND IHT ON UK RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY THE FINANCE BILL 2017
This is a crucial comprehensive conference on what the revolutionary changes to the UK non-dom regime and the new see-through of foreign company shares which hold UK houses provisions mean in practice.
There have beenso many changes in the taxation of UK property transactions and proposed changes that practitioners can hardly keep-up. The full implications of the new FA 2016 Land Transactions Code are beginning to be felt on benign land transfers and even on gifts and there are new fundamental rule changes for non-UK investors in UK properties. The tax treatment of UK residential property is full of traps and more changes are in the pipeline. SDLT has put many transactions into strait-jackets; you stray beyond these at your s75A peril! The conference is designed to bring all the threads together and answer the question: what is the optimum way to carry out your property investment, disposal or dealing or development transactions in the new era?
Special Feature for all Registered Delegates
On registration delegates will receive a 100 page tax memorandum by Patrick Soares on the proposed change
This will be updated when further draft clauses are issued so delegates are in a position to decide on what action to take before 6 april 2017
This conference gives you the up to date position on what should be done. Miss this one at your peril!
Just some of the key sessions
- The traps to avoid at all costs
- When doing nothing is not an option
- The 3 year gift rules and gifts to new settlements
- Position of the non-deemed doms
- Spouses and deemed spouses trap
- Old s720 income in the golden settlement-new or old regime?
- Unwashed capital payments
- Pity the FDRs
- 10 key provisions in the new code
- Tainting the golden settlements
- Adjuster clauses are back
- Interest roll-ups
- When is a loan not a loan
- Exit charges and UK houses
- Rolling shares out of “excluded property” settlements
- The Kraken awakes – The POAT