Platform Strategy Executive Workshop
How to create and implement a transformative platform strategy
Monday 16 September 2019
About the workshop
Profit pools in traditional sectors are shrinking as digitization accelerates and competition increases.
But new growth opportunities are emerging for incumbents who can create bold new strategies.
Incorporating platform and ecosystem thinking is key to this.
Today, the most valuable companies in the digital economy, and the majority of ‘Unicorn’ start ups operate business models based on platforms and ecosystem management.
Few incumbents have been able to replicate their success even though, in principle, they have the assets to do so.
This pre-summit workshop – based on the New Growth Playbook, an executive education programme specially designed for senior leaders and their teams - will explain why and how traditional companies can transform their business models with a platform and ecosystem strategy.
What will you learn?
- How - in detail - platform business models work to create new value
- Why they are so powerful and effective in an increasingly digital economy
- What are the best global case studies of traditional companies that have transformed their business models by incorporating platform thinking?
- What are the 10 platform strategies and which to adopt
- How to design a new ‘business model portfolio’ incorporating platforms (at corporate, business unit or product group level) that delivers better ROI at less risk
- What are the options for implementing platform strategies: build, buy, partner?
- What are the 5 practical steps to renew your organisation’s business model and make it fit for the digital economy
Your workshop leader
Simon Torrance – Author/Presenter, New Growth Playbook
Simon is one of the world's leading experts on business model transformation and platform strategy and execution. He is Managing Director of FoundersLane, a corporate venture builder; a member of the World Economic Forum's digital platforms and ecosystems executive working group; presenter of the New Growth Playbook and co-author of the upcoming book 'Fightback - how traditional corporates can beat the digital disruptors at their own game'. He currently spends the majority of his time implementing platform ventures with incumbent corporates.