20 March 2019
Private Wealth, Taxation & Corporate Mobility in a Post Brexit Scenario
Maximising on Malta’s flexibility to drive business continuity and create new opportunity
Why Join Us
What Can Malta do for You?
Malta has established itself as a European hub of commercial excellence and has a growing reputation as the go to jurisdiction for alternative investment funds and is increasingly relevant as a domicile for other businesses; professional investor funds, insurance captives, wealth managers, and a diverse variety of other operators are choosing the country as their home.
This conference aims to capture the wealth of opportunities Malta can offer you, and your clients whether they are corporate or individuals.
What will we cover?
- Recent international tax pronouncements with a particular focus on Malta and how this can work effectively within an international structure.
- FinTech and the future of financial services. How will Blockchain disrupt the financial services sector? Will Crypto Currencies stabilise and thrive or will volatility and speculation drive investors away?
- Compliance and AML, how do we keep crime out of gaming?
- The aviation sector post Brexit. How will UK AOC’s remain competitive? Opportunities within the PDP sector and asset finance.
- Immigration and its impact on global mobility. How tax and succession planning are shaping the communities of tomorrow.
Who Should Attend?
This free to attend event for all those interested in finding our more about what Malta can offer as a key financial jurisdiction. This includes those with backgrounds in:
- Private Client advisers
- Financial Service Operators;
- Compliance professionals;
- Crypto/Blockchain professionals;
- Financial Crime professionals;
- Relocation/residence by investment professionals;
- Tax specialists;
- Company structuring specialists.
Key Sessions Include
Malta and the International Tax Scene – Mr. Nicky Gouder – Tax & Private Clients Partner ARQ Group
- Basis of Taxation in Malta
- Tax regimes for HNWIs
- Taxation of trusts and foundations
- Anti-Tax Avoidance Directive
Immigration and its Impact on Global Mobility- Moderated by Rita Shah – Partner JSK Law
- The growing need for residency and citizenship programmes
- The importance of acquiring a second passport
- What’s next for the investment migration industry
Compliance and AML, How do we Keep Crime out of Gaming? – Manfred Galdes – Risk & Compliance Partner ARQ Group
- The broadening of the supervisory scope in Europe and its relevance to practitioners
- The strengthening of the supervisory powers, structures and mechanisms in most EU jurisdictions
- Lessons learnt from recent cases in the UK
- The tight rope most gambling companies are having to walk and where this is leading the industry