The 2016 Inside Smart Beta Conference was a huge success, bringing more than 325 delegates to New York City for two days of hard-hitting content, learning and networking activities.
We’re currently formulating our plans for the 2017 event.
Check back soon for updates!
ON JUNE 22-23, THE WORLD’S LEADING INVESTORS DESCENDED ON NEW YORK CITY TO DEBATE AND DISCUSS THE MOST IMPORTANT TREND IN INVESTING: SMART-BETA INVESTING.
The audience was wide-ranging and highly engaged, with representatives from large institutions, hedge funds, RIAs, academics and all corners of the ETF and index industries. Discussions were heated and opinions varied, with hundreds of questions bubbling up during the Q&A portion of the event. Attendee feedback was strong, with high marks for “Overall Content Value” and many kudos for the keynote speakers.
KEY INSIGHTS WERE PROVIDED INTO THE HOTTEST TREND IN INVESTING
Smart-Beta ETFs: The Fastest-Growing Segment of the ETF Industry
Hard-hitting keynotes, panels and debate sessions covered:
- Defining Smart Beta: Making Sense of a Complex Landscape
- Is Smart-Beta Trade Crowded?
- The Multifactor Debate: Does Using Multiple Factors Smooth the Results or Muddy the Water?
- The Best Approach to Lowering Risk in a Portfolio?
- Can Smart Beta Replace Hedge Funds?
- How to Evaluate Smart-Beta Products
Leading Expert Speakers
Inside Smart Beta featured many of the leading asset managers and independent researchers in the space, including:
- Professor Andrew Ang, Head of Factor-Based Strategies, BlackRock
- Ronen Israel, Principal, AQR Capital Management
- Benjamin Lavine, Chief Investment Officer, 3D Asset Management
- Dave Nadig, Director of ETFs, FactSet
- Matt Hougan, CEO, Inside ETFs
- Justin Sibears, Managing Director, Newfound Research
Valuable Networking Opportunities With Peers
Attendees at Inside Smart Beta enjoyed the opportunity to network with their peers, including at a beautiful sunset cocktail reception at the Bryant Park Grill.
- The two-day conference agenda allowed for enhanced networking opportunities
- A robust Exhibit Hall with 11 sponsors allowed clients to connect face-to-face with the most innovative firms in the ETF and index industries
- Our elite New York City location was convenient for all – and the venue was full both days
- Off-site dinners, receptions and other sponsor-organized activities further enhanced the experience for attendees
SMART BETA BY THE NUMBERS
2016 Featured Speakers
The 2016 Inside Smart Beta conference was held at the TimesCenter, an innovative event space on the West Side of Manhattan. Stay tuned for information on where the 2017 Inside Smart Beta conference will be held!
Interested in Sponsoring in 2017?
Building on the success of the inaugural event, Inside Smart Beta 2017 promises to be bigger and better than ever. We will be announcing the date and location of the event soon, and will have a select number of exciting sponsorship opportunities available.
If you would like to be on the initial outreach list for sponsorship opportunities, please contact Foster Wright, EVP, Global Head of Sales, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 646-867-4481