3 October 2019
Leonardo Royal Hotel London Tower Bridge,
Structuring & Advising your Russian & CIS HNW Clients
In Association with IBSA
Featuring International lawyers, tax lawyers and accountants discussing essential topics for any advisor who has Russian/CIS clients based in Russia and abroad
2019 Key Highlights Include:
Discussion of 4 Key Themes:
This conference focuses on discussion of the key issues for Russian & CIS clients covering tax issues both in Russia and internationally
- Issues affecting Russian entrepreneurial clients
- Foreign collective investments
- Tax, Trusts & Estate Planning Methods
- International Business Structuring
Meet our Chairman
Dmitry joined IFS in September 2010 after earning his LL.M (Tax) degree at King’s College, London.
Five years prior to this, Dmitry earned his LL.B at Durham University and completed an LPC at the College of Law.
Dmitry came to the UK from Moscow, where for five years he worked as an associate lawyer at Moscow City Bar Association "Barshchevsky & Partners".
Dmitry specialised in advising foreign investors exploring opportunities in Russia on corporate tax implications together with Russian and cross-border tax planning.
In summer 2012 Dmitry completed the Advanced Diploma in International Tax (ADIT) -- a specialist advanced qualification in international and cross border taxation awarded by the Chartered Institute of Taxation.
Practical and Interactive Case Studies including Key Discussion of:
Issues affecting entrepreneurial clients with interests in Russia
- Role of double tax treaties in cross-border tax planning
- International groups
- Personal matters
Security token offering (STO) as a new way of attracting investment for international businesses
- Anti-money laundering and KYC concerns;
- STO in Liechtenstein in the context of the Liechtenstein Blockchain Act
- STO in Switzerland and new DLT legislation
- STO in the U.S. and attracting American investors
- STO in the UK and applicable regulation
Find out More about our Key Themed Topics of 2019:
Foreign collective investments in the UK
- Key considerations when planning to receive UK interest income; loan relationships and benefits of using UK lending entities
- Overview of taxation of income and gains received from trading and investing in UK real estate, including corporation tax liability, use of financing expense, stepping up the base cost, inheritance tax risks
- AIFMD and its effect on choosing the right fund structure
- Using domestic UK structures — LPs, LTD, JVs
- Luxembourg and its funds industry — RAIF, SIF, SICAR
- Netherlands and its “fund for joint account" (fonds voor gemene rekening or FGR)
- Ireland and its ICAV
- Jersey and its JPF
International Business Structuring through the UK and the Netherlands
- The concept of trading “with” vs “in” country and the ensuing tax consequences;
- Avoiding permanent establishment under national rules and under double tax treaty, with a particular focus on the dependent agent and broker activities;
- The effect of the OECD Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) project;
- Structuring agency relationship, including the overview of the contractual framework and transfer pricing considerations
Relocating businesses and bringing them onshore
- Moving business through corporate migration to an on-shore jurisdiction — Cyprus, the UAE, the UK — or bringing closer to home to a Crown Dependency
- Managing and controlling foreign entities from the UK in light of the recent case law on corporate tax residence
- Tax-efficient transfer of business to a UK holding company under a scheme of reconstruction and applying for rulings
- Taxation of a UK holding and trading company
- Financing UK owner-managed business under business investment relief
- Planning for a disposal of a UK business under Entrepreneurs’ and Investors reliefs
- Keeping the business ever-ready for acquisition by making it listed
2019 Speakers Include:
Key reasons to attend
An engaged and senior audience drawn from the whole intermediary network to HNWs is the perfect opportunity to benefit from meeting your key audience tailored to you. Many exclusive networking opportunities are available allowing you to connect with stakeholders you want to.
The speaker faculty is carefully selected for each and every event to bring the best thinkers on a particular topic to the events whatever.
Independent & Impartial
As the only fully independent provider of such events we are uniquely positioned to provide impartial events for the benefit of the whole industry. Our only interest is the success and stellar experience at our events of our attendees.