Why Attend this Event:
Discussion of 4 Key Themes:
This conference focuses on discussion of the key tax issues for Russian & CIS clients covering tax issues both in Russia and internationally
- Russian tax issues
- Options for alternative residencies
- UK private client issues
- UK corporate tax issues.
Practical, case study appraoched format for more interactive, holistic approach.
Meet our Chairman
Dmitry joined IFS in September 2010 after earning his LL.M (Tax) degree at King’s College, London.
Five years prior to this, Dmitry earned his LL.B at Durham University and completed an LPC at the College of Law.
Dmitry came to the UK from Moscow, where for five years he worked as an associate lawyer at Moscow City Bar Association "Barshchevsky & Partners".
Dmitry specialised in advising foreign investors exploring opportunities in Russia on corporate tax implications together with Russian and cross-border tax planning.
In summer 2012 Dmitry completed the Advanced Diploma in International Tax (ADIT) -- a specialist advanced qualification in international and cross border taxation awarded by the Chartered Institute of Taxation.
Practical and Interactive Case Studies including Key Discussion of:
Russian tax issues
- General discussion of the Russian tax developments that affect individuals, entrepreneurs, companies.
- Practical planning for the impact of the CFC rules.
- Practical planning for the impact of the currency regulation.
- Practical planning for the impact of the beneficial ownership rules.
- Practical planning for the impact of the information exchange rules.
Key reasons to attend
An engaged and senior audience drawn from the whole intermediary network to HNWs is the perfect opportunity to benefit from meeting your key audience tailored to you. Many exclusive networking opportunities tare available at Cross Border Planning allowing you to connect with stakeholders you want to.
The speaker faculty is carefully selected for each and every event to bring the best thinkers on a particular topic to the events whatever.
Independent & Impartial
As the only fully independent provider of such events we are uniquely positioned to provide impartial events for the benefit of the whole industry. Our only interest is the success and stellar experience at our events of our attendees.
Find out More about our Key Themed Topics:
Comparative Study of Differing Tax Residence Options for Russian & CIS Clients
- Introduction of the residence concept and talking about losing the Russian residence
- Discussion of the personal residence rules in each country with a mention of the immigration requirements.
- Procedures for getting residence certificates in each country.
Private Client Issues in the UK
- Overview of the SRT, double tax treaty impact, the remittance basis regime, including business investment relief, filing requirements
- New trust rules and the general impact of the Finance Act 2017
- New tax evasion offences regime
- UK home ownership rules, including ATED, SDLT, Income tax, CGT
- IHT planning for UK assets, particularly for homes
Corporate matters in the UK
- Investing in UK companies, including EIS/SEIS, business investment relief, business property relief for IHT, PSC register
- UK companies as members of the international business group, including taxation of dividends, taxation of disposal of subsidiaries, impact of CFC rules, Patent Box and R&D relief, view from the former tax inspector
- BREXIT impact, UK's double tax treaty network and corporate redomiciliation
- Investment manager exemption