Why Attend this Event:
Discussion of 4 Key Themes:
This conference focuses on discussion of the key issues for Russian & CIS clients covering tax issues both in Russia and internationally
- Issues affecting Russian entrepreneurial clients
- Tax efficient options for alternative residencies
- Tax, Trusts & Estate Planning Methods
- International Business Structuring
Meet our Chairman
Dmitry joined IFS in September 2010 after earning his LL.M (Tax) degree at King’s College, London.
Five years prior to this, Dmitry earned his LL.B at Durham University and completed an LPC at the College of Law.
Dmitry came to the UK from Moscow, where for five years he worked as an associate lawyer at Moscow City Bar Association "Barshchevsky & Partners".
Dmitry specialised in advising foreign investors exploring opportunities in Russia on corporate tax implications together with Russian and cross-border tax planning.
In summer 2012 Dmitry completed the Advanced Diploma in International Tax (ADIT) -- a specialist advanced qualification in international and cross border taxation awarded by the Chartered Institute of Taxation.
Practical and Interactive Case Studies including Key Discussion of:
- Impact of the CFC legislation and possible planning measures including:
- Irrevocable trusts
- Russian resident foreign registered companies
- Change of residence
- Active foreign trading companies
- Distributed ownership
- Opportunities offered by the tax amnesty
- Tax free liquidation planning
- Reporting of foreign undeclared bank accounts
- Reassurances offered by the tax authorities
Find out More about our Key Themed Topics:
Tax efficient options for alternative residencies
- Critical analysis of the concept of personal residence
- National v treaty residence
- Residence certificates
- Establishing residence for the purposes of the CRS
- Meeting banks’ requirements
- Comparative analysis of establishing tax residence in various jurisdictions including Cyprus, Malta, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Gibraltar
International Business Structuring
- Bank’s view on internationally-minded individuals
- Bank accounts
- CRS reporting obligations
- Reputation issues — working with clients under sanctions
- n international business structuring
- Overview of recent clients’ structures
- Discussion of issues that affect international entrepreneurs e.g. CRS, Multi- Lateral instrument, beneficial ownership and more
Tax, Trusts & Estate Planning Methods
- Trusts and foundations as means of tax and estate planning
- International succession planning
- Discussion of drafting wills and family charters for international clients to take into account assets in various countries
Key reasons to attend
An engaged and senior audience drawn from the whole intermediary network to HNWs is the perfect opportunity to benefit from meeting your key audience tailored to you. Many exclusive networking opportunities tare available at Cross Border Planning allowing you to connect with stakeholders you want to.
The speaker faculty is carefully selected for each and every event to bring the best thinkers on a particular topic to the events whatever.
Independent & Impartial
As the only fully independent provider of such events we are uniquely positioned to provide impartial events for the benefit of the whole industry. Our only interest is the success and stellar experience at our events of our attendees.