Just some of the reasons why Middle East's Largest International Private Equity & Venture Capital event is not to be missed
Addressing The Hottest Topics In MENA Private Equity
- Oil Price Analysis: As uncertainty around Oil continues to affect the region from top to bottom, we ask - what does this mean for Private Equity investments? And how does it fit into the bigger macroeconomic picture?
- LP Views: With a Global Investor Council assembled, we'll assess how global LPs are allocating to MENA. Don't miss our spotlight on regional SWFs and Family Offices during the Fundraising Summit too.
- Two Summits: In addition to the Fundraising Summit, we run our North Africa & Egypt summit where we'll dissect the opportunity set in one of the most intriguing destinations for Private Equity.
Leading Innovators and Influencers Speaking
Over 60 experienced speakers to be confirmed, with new speakers being announced every day. Here are just some of the thought leaders you can look forward to hearing from:
Dr. Karim El-Solh, Co-Founder & CEO, Gulf Capital
- Yaser Moustafa, Senior Managing Director, NBK Capital Partners
Khaled Talhouni, Managing Partner, Wamda Capital
- Karim Radwan, Investment Director, Rimco Investments
Danielle Montgomery, Managing Director, Overseas Private Investment Corporation
Create New Contacts And Build Relationships With The People You Want To Meet
Meet and network with powerful industry experts and leaders, all looking to invest in the Middle East.
The event features both structured and less-formal networking sessions, including:
- Evening Networking Receptions
- One-to-One Meetings
- Interactive Workshops
- The MySuperReturn online networking app, allowing you to view the delegate list in advance and set up meetings with other attendees
Don't miss this unique chance to meet with the movers and shakers in the business
Get Fresh Insights and New Ideas from Industry Innovators and Influencers
Visit SuperReturn Live for expert insight and analysis
The freshest video, commentary and viewpoints ahead of the event as well as all the action live from Dubai
Private equity by numbers in North Africa
“LPs from North America, Europe and Middle East are behind the development of North African PE. There is a core group of around 250 LPs making the lion’s share of allocations – principal amongst them development agencies and local banks. Since 2000, the number of buyout funds has roughly doubles to 35% of total allocations in the region, with infrastructure also doubling to around 25% of this figure. Growth capital has remained roughly stable near the 20% mark.”
SuperCast001 – Iran, sanctions and private equity
In the first edition of SuperCast, Adam Smith of Gibson Dunn explored the opportunities for private equity in newly-rehabilitated Iran. He told us:
“The risks there are obvious…little is known about how things actually work: the rapacity of the system, the role of the IRG and so on. So it it worth the risk? Even as sanctions relief makes life easier, the reality is that for actual partners to engage with, be it business or banks, it takes long time for them to get the systems in place in such a way that PE players can engage.”
What’s next for emerging market specialists?
Emerging markets are particularly volatile, especially at a currency level. How do investors navigate and position their portfolio in light of these uncertainties? Maria Kozloski, Global Head and Chief Investment Officer, Private Equity Funds shares her thoughts.
Want To Get Involved?
Our sole objective is to help you connect with the SuperReturn community and provide you with the ideal profile. As an event partner, we can help you to forge new business relationships, share your experiences and position yourself as a go-to firm in your sector.
Having supplied us with your specific criteria, requirements and stage within your current fundraising cycle we will tailor a solution to suit your strategy and budget. Don't miss your chance to get involved! For a bespoke package, contact Marcia Brissett on +44 (0) 20 7017 5965 or at Marcia.Brissett@informa.com