May 8 2018
The Harvard Club,
New York, USA
US/UK Tax Planning, New York 2018
The essential US and UK Tax and Estate Planning conference, helping you and your US Clients with Transatlantic interests plan effectively, post Trump and Brexit
A distinguished international panel will discuss the key developments regarding US/UK Tax Planning for the Transatlantic Client
US/UK Tax Planning: New York
We have successfully been producing US/UK Tax conferences since 2014 in London very successfully and are ready to launch into the US market in May 2018.
The US and UK have both gone through some of the biggest tax changes of a generation that impact majorly individuals and families that are caught within the scope of both tax systems. Advisors need to be up to date and understand where the new solutions lie and what structures need checking. This conference will focus on on tax planning for US citizens (or those who have financial interests in US assets) and who have transatlantic interests.
Who Should Attend?
Any advisor with a US client who has transatlantic interests
- Tax Advisors
- Wealth Managers
- Private Banks
What will we be covering?
- Inbound and Outbound Planning
- Estate Planning Opportunities and Challenges
- Compliance Issues
Our 4 Key Themes Included
1. Inbound & Outbound Planning
Inbound Planning (UK Residents coming into the US)
- Estate planning
Outbound Planning (US residents leaving the US)
- What do you need to be aware of?
2. Estate Planning Opportunities
Estate Planning Opportunities and Challenges
- Core US/UK Wills and QDOTs
- Expatriation Tax
- Investment and Insurance Planning
3. Compliance Issues & 4. Immigration
- Including discussion of issues effecting res non doms
- Different tax years and much more
- Discussion of Visa options and criteria
- What do you need to know before you move?
The Trump Effect
At the close of 2017
President Donald Trump hit the US with a controversial legislative change and the biggest rewrite of the US's tax code for 20+ years.
What changes were made?
- High earners will see a reduction in marginal tax rates,
- Estate/Gift tax threshold is doubled while certain deductions are also limited or abolished
- US resident owners of foreign corporations may also be directly impacted by the corporate tax changes in ways not widely understood
The tax changes will have an immediate impact on HNWs who are either US citizens or have financial interests in US assets.
This conference aims to address the changes, the potential impact of the changes and much more.
Why Attend this Event
An engaged and senior audience drawn from the whole intermediary network to HNWs is the perfect opportunity to benefit from meeting your key audience tailored to you. Many exclusive networking opportunities tare available at Cross Border Planning allowing you to connect with stakeholders you want to.
The speaker faculty is carefully selected for each and every event to bring the best thinkers on a particular topic to the events whatever.
Independent & Impartial
As the only fully independent provider of such events we are uniquely positioned to provide impartial events for the benefit of the whole industry. Our only interest is the success and stellar experience at our events of our attendees.