Trans Trust Bermuda 2018
2018 Highlights Included
The Transcontinental Supreme Court was back!
Gilead Cooper QC, Keith Robinson and Jonathan Speck set up the facts of the case in a amusing session before Eason Rajah QC, Richard Wilson QC and Jefery Elkinson battled it out in front our esteemed judging panel:
- Led by: The Hon. Justice David Hayton , The Caribbean Court of Justice
- The Hon. Justice Ian Kawaley - Chief Justice, Bermuda
- The Hon. Justice Ingrid Mangatal - Jusitce of the Grand Court, Cayman
A Wealth of Targeted Breakfast Briefings and Practical Streamed Sessions
Delegates had a host of focused sessions they could opt to attend including:
- Structuring and advising Middle Eastern clients
- Structuring and advising Latam clients
- Offshore update
- Jurisdictional options and trends in HNW movement
Fantastic Social Acitvities
- Thee BDA hosted welcome BBQ at the Hamilton Princess on Sunday 3rd June.
- Michelle Wolfe and the Meritus crew once again give us an evening of drinks and dancing which even the weather couldn't put a stop to!
- Peregrine and Black hosted a dinner to set everyone up for the long night of dancing which ensued.
Rising Star Comeptition 2018
Rising Star Comeptition 2018 Topic
21st Century Data – all that information, all that responsibility! Are the GDPR and subject access requests just what the beneficiary ordered, or the end of confidentiality as we know it? Discuss.
The 2018 Judging Panel
Sue Medder of XXIV Old Buildings was joined by Rachael Reynolds of Ogier and Richard Manyon of Payne Hicks Beach to form the 2018 Judging Panel which welcomed entrees from those with under 7 years’ experience in the industry.
All entrants received a free ticket to the conference and the winner chance presented their winning paper to the entire audience.
Congratulations Neil Thomson from Kennedys who won for a second year in a row!
Who Attended Trans Trust 2018?
- IPG Family Office
- Harcus Sinclair
- Waverton Investment Management
- Mourant Ozannes
- Rawlinson & Hunter
- Lombard Odier
- Cox Hallett Wilkinson
- Anchor Investment Management
- Clarien Bank Limited
- Schellenberg Wittmer
- Perspecta Trust
- 64 NorthWest Partners
An elite line-up of 70+ Judges, QCs and Barristers including:
Delegates had the benefit of top practitioners in the field tackling head on the consequences of industry challenging developments
Great event, fantastic speakers, brilliant organisation
and incredible venue
BAKER & MCKENZIE
This was a wonderful conference which covered a broad range of trust and private client matters from both the contentious and non contentious perspective
Unparalleled Networking Events
Network with the TransTrusts community throughout the event at our unique parties and events, all set in the beautiful surroundings of Bermuda.
Want to get involved as a Partner? There are plenty of ways to join us including as a boat party.dinner/beach party/drinks reception sponsor and many many more.
Download our Bermuda 2018 brochure which details full options for more information.