4 - 6 December 2017
The Westin Cape Town,
Learn, network and do deals
Where the African private equity community comes together to be inspired and discover new opportunities
550+ Attendees. 140+ Speakers. Africa's largest private equity and venture capital conference.
Editor's pick of the key conversations that took place in Cape Town
F.W. de Klerk interview
F.W. de Klerk shares his views on Africa, Corruption, the ANC and Donald Trump
What is the most important thing every start-up should consider?
Maria Pienaar, Chief Information Officer at Cell C discusses ‘What is the most important thing every start-up should consider?
The coming of age of permanent capital vehicles in Africa
Africa has a high concentration of ambitious entrepreneurs who, with the right support, will pave the way for a more prosperous future for the continent
The leading private equity event focused on Africa
The gateway into Africa’s Private Equity and venture capital communities
The 5th annual SuperReturn Africa allowed attendees to mix with with a high level assembly of senior industry decision-makers. This landmark Africa-focused conference once again raised the bar for the quality of its attendees and its superb networking.
The programme was designed for great networking – both formal and informal – and quality debates and exchanges, allowing to create numerous invaluable contacts and have great face to face conversations with people. Saving everyone countless air miles!
The programme content informed and inspired. With a speaker panel made up of global industry innovators and more regionally focused private equity specialists.
New for 2016
- Pre-conference summit focused on African entrepreneurship and Venture Capital
- Start-up innovation platform. We are pleased to announce the Start-up Academy Winner - a Zimbabwian start-up company "Imhanya" and its CEO Ketan Patel
- A special focus on Frontier Markets
- A series of interactive roundtable discussions and debates
- “Too Hot to Touch” sessions
- On-stage speaker interviews and interactive Q&A sessions
Creating New Contacts And Building Relationships
The event featured both structured and less-formal networking sessions, including:
- Evening Networking Receptions
- One-to-One Meetings
- The MySuperReturn online networking app, allowing you to view the delegate list in advance and set up meetings with other attendees
- Extended coffee breaks
Meet the movers and shakers in African Private Equity
As always SuperReturn Africa proved to be the conference to meet GP’s, LP’s and service providers. It is a very efficient way to meet new faces as well as catch up with existing relationships.
Senior Investment Officer
I believe SuperReturn Africa is an incredibly important event for the industry on the continent and will continue to bring value to industry players in the years ahead.
Great conference. Good attendance. Nice spread of GP and LP's. excellent venue. We really enjoyed it and got good value for our time.
Rockwood Private Equity
SuperReturn Africa was an awesome experience for both the contacts that were made and the knowledge gained.
The organisation was impeccable, all the sessions I attended were extremely interesting, providing good insights about the African markets and industries. The opportunities for networking were great, especially thanks to the venue facilities and the app.
Founder, CEO and Managing Partner
Mediterrania Capital Partners
Brand New SuperReturn Africa Advisory Board
SuperReturn Africa announced the appointment of eight members to join the strategic Advisory Board. This brand new panel consisted of the leading industry experts who provided strategic guidance for the development of the Africa SuperReturn portfolio.
The Board met to hear reports on current plans and brand activity
Conference attendees had a chance to hear from Board members about their views & future development priorities, with key practical issues surrounding private equity and venture capital industry in relation to the planned events.The Advisory Board suggested new ways of growing visitor audience, identifying, prioritising and mapping of industry hot topics, current and future trends and challenges to the relevant market segments. They also provided guidance in developing SuperReturn Africa business strategy with correct alignment of content with event visitors and sponsors.
Watch out for the announcement of 2017 SuperReturn Africa Advisory Board.
The new board - 4 renowned GPs:
- Hurley Doddy, Managing Director, Founding Partner and co-Chief Executive Officer, Emerging Capital Partners
- Eric Kump, Managing Director and co-Head, The Carlyle Group
- Jide Olanrewaju, Partner, TPG Growth
- Henry Obi, Chief Operating Officer, Helios Investment Partners
The new board - 4 leading LPs:
- Ibrahim Sagna, Head of Financial Advisory, Africa Finance Corporation
- Paul Boynton, CEO, Old Mutual Investment Group
- Lynn Nguyen, Managing Director, PE Funds Portfolio, OPIC
- Shane Rogel, Managing Director, South Suez Capital